Battle of the Badges - Vineland vs. Millville / Aug. 14, 2019
Battle of the Badges Vineland vs. Millville
10 a – 8 p
The John F. Scarpa Technical Education Center of Cumberland County – Gym
3400 College Ave
Vineland, NJ 08360
To make an appointment sign up here or visit redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code: battle of the cities
Battle of the Badges is a friendly competition among first responders to see who can recruit the most blood donors from their communities. Presenting donors will have the opportunity to cast their vote for “team Vineland ” or “team Millville” to help determine the winner. The organization with the most votes will get bragging rights and a traveling trophy or plaque.
Open to the public!
- Donors can also save time by using RapidPass® to complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of donation, from a mobile device or computer. To complete a RapidPass, follow the instructions at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass.
Why Give Blood
- The Red Cross must collect more than 13,000 pints of blood every day to meet the needs of patients at about 2,600 hospitals nationwide. In the Penn Jersey and Northeastern Pennsylvania blood services regions, the Red Cross must collect close to 800 units of blood and platelets every day to meet the needs of patients at 130 hospitals.
- Blood and platelets are needed for many different reasons. Accident and burn victims, heart surgery patients, organ transplant patients, and those receiving treatment for leukemia, cancer or sickle cell disease may all need blood.
- Donated blood products are perishable. Red blood cells have a shelf life of only 42 days and platelets just five days, so they must constantly be replenished.
- Volunteer donors are the only source of blood and platelets for those in need of transfusions during surgery.
- As a national network, the Red Cross has a unique responsibility to help ensure blood is available for patients whenever and wherever it is needed. Donations through the Red Cross could help patients at local hospitals or help those who must travel outside the area for medical treatment.
District Manager, Donor Recruitment
American Red Cross
Penn-Jersey Blood Services Region
700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(267) 648-5041 (c)
Web l redcrossblood.org
Facebook l www.facebook.com/redcrossblood
Twitter l @RedCrossBloodPJ