Facts About Us:
- Incorporated in 1919 – we are the oldest & largest business organization in the area
- Over 200 people attended the 1st chamber meeting on june 11, 1919 and 55 people became members immediately.
- We are an independent non-profit organization (501c6) made up of businesses that are members
- We are not a government agency or division of any government office
- We maintain no political affiliation and remain strictly bi-partisan. We work with whoever is in an elected official capacity regardless of political party affiliation.
- We are not an elite “club” and only for big business
- Any registered business or organization can join
- Small businesses make up a large portion of our membership
- All types of businesses are members
- We currently have approximately 500 members and remain the largest chamber of commerce in cumberland county.
- Annual dues are paid based on the size of your business and it is a 12 month membership. If you join in the month of may, then your renewal will be a year later in may.
- Our board consists of 23 board director seats which includes a president and 2 vice presidents as our executive committee. They are all volunteers. Our office has 2 full time employees: an executive director and a projects & benefits manager.
- We exist to help our business community have a collective voice and facilitate activities that help our members succeed.
- We are proud of our strong partnerships with all facets of our community – government, law enforcement, education, religious, and many more.
- We are also an excellent resource for the public and encourage anyone to contact us for information.